Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We're All Right... On The Inside

(Moving things over from my old blog)

Why can't people understand that just because THEY think something is right, doesn't mean that it is? I frequently have this problem with religious folks, who tell me "I know I'm right." When I tell them, "That's what everybody thinks; if they didn't think that, it wouldn't be their beliefs," they just give me a look of befuddlement. This is often followed by a "No, they only think they are right, but I know for a fact that I am right." To which I reply the same thing as before. They just can't seem to wrap their minds around the concept that a belief IS a belief because the believer thinks they are right. Now I know that some of the concepts I easily wrap my mind around and embrace as possibility(such as the Alternate Colors Possibility, Mind Over Matter, and the Other Senses Theory), most people could never imagine, but still, this is a fairly simple concept:if you believe that you are right, why wouldn't everybody else? Do you think everybody else has wavering doubts about their beliefs? For that matter, can you honestly say that you have never had waveringdoubts about your own beliefs?


C'mon people, open your minds and see things from another's eyes. If you don't, you will always be wrong in your pursuit of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment