Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bible Belt

So, as I was surfing the net today, I came across a rather... interesting few bits of information. Because I don't feel like wasting time, I'll give you a link to the stats supporting each fact and you can look at those, then Google it if you want to see more stats on the subject. Honestly, guys, I don't need to spoon-feed you EVERYthing; Google isn't that complicated.

The Bible-Belt is:
-the divorce belt (Of the Bible Belt, only SC is below the US average percentage of divorces)
-the homicide belt (Notice especially the spikes in the WSC, ESC, and SA categories)
-the teen pregnancy belt (Notice how, in the top [or worst] half of the data, all but 2 of the BB states show up, and half of them are in the top 10)
-the obesity belt (Again, half the BB is found in the last 10, and all but two in the worst half)
-the poverty belt (I think the graph says it all; just look at the dark blue area.)
-the STD belt (Table about halfway down; notice the top five in each category)
-and, go figure, the Republican belt (Not a single BB state in top ten Dem, a couple in top ten Rep)

No comments:

Post a Comment